Register now for the January 2024 meeting in Arlington, VA. The meeting is January 10-12, 2024 and early registration ends December 1, 2023.
The NCUTCD Council will be meeting in three sessions this week. Tuesday’s and Friday’s sessions will start at 1:00 pm Eastern. Wednesday’s session will start at 2:00 pm Eastern to allow for viewing of the inauguration. Each session will start promptly at the indicated time. Please be logged in before the start. Individuals who attempt to log in at the last minute may find themselves stuck in the waiting room for a longer period. The attached file contains the agendas for each of the sessions.
On January 8, the FHWA made a presentation to NCUTCD members summarizing some of the key changes in the MUTCD NPA. FHWA did not share the slides from the presentation and they are not available at this time for distribution. FHWA has stated that they intend to make additional improvements and refinements to the presentation and hope to make it available to the public at some point in the future. We will share information about its availability on this News page if/when it become available.
The most recent meeting schedule is posted on the calendar on the NCUTCD website at https://ncutcd.org. This calendar is kept up-to-date. Please check teh calendar first to see if sessions have been cancelled or time-shifted from what may have been sent in the original Cvent registration confirmation e-mail.
The Council session on Wednesday, January 20, will start one hour later at 2:00 PM Eastern to accommodate inauguration activities.
If you want to make a change to the sessions/meetings that you registered to attend, go to your registration confirmation e-mail and click on the “View your registration” link near the bottom. That should take you to your registration on the Cvent website, where you can select other sessions/meetings. If attending a different technical committee than one in which you’re already a member of or selected, send a short note to that committee chair saying you plan to attend so you’re not in the waiting room all day. Links to TC chair e-mails can be seen at https://ncutcd.org/technical-committees/.
The Research Committee meeting is scheduled for Thursday, January 28, 2021, at 1:00 PM Eastern. All registered attendees of the January meeting are invited. To receive the meeting Zoom information, please complete the form at the following link: https://forms.gle/DGB4YW8gkkfdqje36
Keep the following in mind when logging into your technical committee meeting:
- Click on the link in the confirmation email sent to you from Richard Moeur through Cvent.
- On the next screen, you should see a screen asking you to sign in to the Zoom service with your e-mail address and password. The password in this case is the password for the Zoom account you have, not the 6-digit session password in the confirmation email.
- Repeating: Do not enter the 6-digit session password in the password field on the Zoom “Sign In” screen. Use your Zoom account password.
- Another option is to log into your Zoom account prior to clicking on the link in the confirmation email.
- If the email and password are correct, you will be admitted to a waiting room where you will see a screen with a message indicating you will be admitted soon. The chair (or other co-host) will admit you as soon as they can. If you have logged in after the meeting has started and the chair is busy managing the meeting, it may take a little longer to be admitted. If you have been in the waiting room for more than 5 minutes and are a member of that technical committee, send an email to your technical committee listserve.
- Once you are logged into your technical committee meeting in Zoom, you need to make sure that both your first and last name show on the participant list. Once in the meeting, you can rename yourself. There are two ways to do this:
- Click on the three dots in your video image and select “Rename.”
- Find your name in the list of participants, select it, click the “More” link, then select “Rename.”
- This link from Zoom provides more information about how to join a Zoom meeting: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-meeting.