Since the January meetings, the NCUTCD technical committees have been busy developing draft docket comments. As these are prepared, they are being shared with and voted upon by the NCUTCD Council. Currently, the Council is voting by email on Chapter 8E and reviewing portions of Chapter 2A prior to email voting next week. As docket comments are developed, we will post those on the FHWA docket and then on our website. To reduce the total number of NCUTCD docket comments, we may delay posting of some comments until entire chapters have been addressed by Council.
This morning’s Federal Register includes a notice that the docket for the MUTCD NPA is extended by 60 days to May 14, 2021.
You can access the Federal Register notice here.
Last updated on February 1, 2021.
On December 31, 2020, the NCUTCD submitted a request to extend the MUTCD docket comment period an additional 90 days. The next week, the NCUTCD asked its sponsoring organizations to support the request for an extension. The following requests from organizations have been posted on the docket. This list will be updated on a regular basis until FHWA announces a decision on the extension requests. The NCUTCD thanks those organizations that have submitted a docket extension request. The parenthetical information provides the docket comment number and the length of the request extension).
- AASHTO & ITE (#85, 60 days)
- NCUTCD (#89, 90 days)
- AHUA (#97, 90 days)
- New York City (#98, 90 days)
- Oregon DOT (#99, 90 days)
- AREMA (#100, 90 days)
- City of Medford (#120, 90 days)
- IBTTA (#124, 90 days)
- ATSSA (#125, 90 days)
- NACE (#128, 90 days)
- AAR (#135, 90 days)
- MinnDOT (#136, 90 days)
- Alaska (#137, 90 days)
- IMSA (#138, 90 days)
- CA PUC (#142, 90 days)
- APBP (#143, 60 days)
- Assoc OR Co + OR Assoc Co Engr & Surv (#144, 90 days)
- City of Austin Transportation Department (#162 ,90 days)
- Kent County Road Commission (#165, 90 days)
- City of Austin (#166, 90 days)
- LAB (#167, 90 days)
- ITS America (#173, 90 days)
- City of Federal Way (#177, 90 days)
- FHWA extends docket 60 days to May 14 (#179)
- Minnesota County Engr Assoc (#185, 30 beyond 5/14)