The National Committee on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (NCUTCD) or the “National Committee” is an organization whose purpose is to assist in the development of standards, guides and warrants for traffic control devices and practices used to regulate, warn and guide traffic on streets and highways. The NCUTCD recommends to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and to other appropriate agencies proposed revisions and interpretations to the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) and other accepted national standards. NCUTCD develops public and professional awareness of the principles of safe traffic control devices and practices and provides a forum for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds and viewpoints to exchange professional information.
- Call for Papers for the Journal of Traffic Control Device Research Check out the inaugural Call for Papers for the Journal of Traffic Control Device Research. Submissions are needed by May 31, 2022.
- Chair’s Message (03/28/2022)
- Sponsor Comments to the Rules of the Road Joint Task Force Recommendations The sponsor comments to the Rules of the Road Joint Task Force recommendations are now available to view and download.
- New Canadian MUTCD Available TAC Publishes New MUTCD for Canada
- Final List of NCUTCD Docket Submissions Final List of NCUTCD Docket Submissions